Understanding the eligibility criteria and application expectations will ensure that your experience with APEA is seamless.
APEA offers a registration assessment process that was designed by engineers to meet the highest standard, but with a simple process
at the best possible value
From the time that your application is submitted, it will take approximately 8 weeks
for your application to progress to a final outcome.
Approximately 8+ weeks.
To avoid delays, it is imperative that our applicants follow the steps below to ensure application requirements have been met in full.
Please note that applications received during the December and January holiday period may take longer than normal to process while our Assessors take a well earnt break.
Most applications received during this time will be allocated to an Assessor in February 2022.
Before you apply:
Ready to apply:
- Step 1: Read the applicable By-Laws making note of what documentation and information you need to provide.
- Step 2: Ensure you have reviewed the Eligibility Requirements page and ensure all have been met.
- Step 3: Ensure your Engineering degree certificate or Stage 1 Competency Assessment letter has been certified by an Authorised Witness.
- Step 4: Update your resumé.
- Step 5: Speak with your three referees, ensure they are available and eligible to be a referee.
What to expect after you have submitted your application for assessment:
- Step 6: Using the online application form, follow the steps to upload the information required in full.
- Step 7: Submit.
What happens after my assessment is completed?
After conducting the assessment of your qualifications and experience or competencies, we will give you a report on your assessment listing the area or areas of engineering in which you are eligible to apply for registration with the Business Licensing Authority (BLA).
The report will also list the area or areas of engineering in which you are eligible to apply for endorsement if you have requested an assessment to work in the building industry.
Your application must include a copy of the assessment report provided to you on your qualifications and experience or competencies. The BLA will check this report and assess your application against the ineligibility criteria.
For more information, view How to apply for registration and endorsement.
The eligibility is based on: