Understanding the eligibility criteria and application expectations will ensure that your experience with APEA is seamless.
APEA offers a registration assessment process that was designed by engineers to meet the highest standard, but with a simple process
at the best possible value
From the time that your application is submitted, it will take approximately 8 weeks
for your application to progress to a final outcome.
Approximately 8+ weeks.
To avoid delays, it is imperative that our applicants follow the steps below to ensure application requirements have been met in full.
Please note that applications received during the December and January holiday period may take longer than normal to process while our Assessors take a well earnt break.
Most applications received during this time will be allocated to an Assessor in February 2022.
Before you apply:
- Step 1: Read the applicable By-Laws making note of what documentation and information you need to provide.
- Step 2: Ensure you have reviewed the Eligibility Requirements page and ensure all have been met.
- Step 3: Ensure your Engineering degree certificate or Stage 1 Competency Assessment letter has been certified by an Authorised Witness.
- Step 4: Update your resumé.
- Step 5: Speak with your three referees, ensure they are available and eligible to be a referee and provide at least one written reference.
If you are a member you can upload your CPD prior to applying for RPEng via the member portal or ensure that you have all of the relevant information to upload your CPD log in the application form.
Ready to apply:
What to expect after you have applied:
- Step 6: Using the online application form, follow the steps to upload the information required in full.
- Step 7: Submit.
Once we have your application, it will be reviewed and then distributed to an assessor in your discipline area, who will be in contact to conduct the interviews.
Professionals Australia only accepts CPD records in our required format.
Please Note: You will receive an email once your assessment has been allocated to one of our assessors
The eligibility is based on: