Understanding the eligibility criteria and application expectations will ensure that your experience with APEA is seamless.
Assessment to become a Registered Professional Engineer of Professionals Australia (RPEng) requires you to demonstrate that you’re qualified and competent.
This is the first page of the eligibility section, which will guide you through each of the eligibility components, ensuring that when you’re ready to apply, you’re completely prepared.
First, understanding the basic application process:
- Step 1: Read the By-Laws making note of what documentation and information you need to provide.
- Step 2: Ensure your Engineering degree certificate or Stage 1 Competency Assessment letter has been certified by an Authorised Witness.
- Step 3: Update your Curriculum Vitae.
- Step 4: Speak with your three referees, ensure they are available and eligible to be a referee and that you have worked with them for 12 or more months.
- Step 5: If you are a member you can upload your CPD prior to applying for RPEng via the member portal or ensure that you have all of the relevant information to upload your CPD log in the application form.
- Step 6: Using the online application form, enter your details, upload your qualification, and work experience documents, 100-points of ID and provide professional referee details, then fill out the CPD log.
- Step 7: Submit.
Once we have your application, it will be reviewed and then distributed to an assessor in your discipline area, who will be in contact to conduct the interviews.
Please Note: As we are now than less than four weeks to Xmas your assessment may not be signed off by the assessment committee until February 2021
The eligibility is based on: