To be considered eligible for assessment for registration in Queensland:
Nature of experience:
- You must have completed at least five years of relevant work experience four years post-graduation in the area relevant to the discipline in which you seek registration.
- This experience must have been gained within the last ten years.
You must have demonstrated competency in the following five elements from the ‘Australian Engineering Competency Standards Stage 2: Experienced Professional Engineer’ in the relevant area or areas of engineering:
- Element 1 – Deal with ethical issues
- Element 2 – Practice competently
- Element 4 – Develop safe and sustainable solutions
- Element 6 – Identify, assess, and manage risks, and
- Element 13 – Engineering knowledge – according to their area of practice including a knowledge of standards and practices.
To be considered eligible, you must have completed at least five years of relevant work experience post-graduation in the area relevant to the discipline in which you seek registration. This experience must have been gained within the last ten years.
When submitting your application, you’ll be required to upload a detailed resumé. This document will need to be detailed enough for our assessors to make informed decisions about your eligibility.
Your resumé should provide:
- Names of your Employers/Organisation;
- Summary of the services/products provided by each employer/organisation;
- Job titles;
- Length of employment;
- Brief description of your roles;
- And examples of your work activities at each employer/organisation.
- Names and contact details of persons who can corroborate your experience
- Details of any training in the areas you claim competency
Your work experience should outline your use of theories, concepts, and practices to solve real world problems related to your discipline.
If you need to start a new resumé, you can download our resumé template here.
We require the details of three eligible referees to verify your professional experience, competencies and your commitment to professionalism.
Referees must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current holder of either RPEng, CPEng, RPEQ, RPEV OR
- have a Washington Accord accredited degree in engineering with at least 7 years' experience AND
- Be either a supervisor or colleague who are familiar with the professional experience and activities highlighted in the applicants resumé AND
- Have known the applicant for a period of no less than 12 months AND
- Be willing and able to be contacted by an assessor to attest to the applicants’ engineering skills, experience, and qualifications.
Referee Evidence to provide:
1. Provide three signed referee declaration forms:
Please provide each of your referees with a referee declaration form to fill in and sign.
You will need to include all three signed copies as part of the supporting evidence when submitting your application.
Click to download the referee declaration form.
2. Provide one Written Reference:
One written reference is required. This can be prepared by one of your three referees.
We have prepared a template to assist your referees with their written reference.
Click to download a reference letter template for your referees to populate as relevant to your application.